My Sister’s Teacher
She Can Win Mentorship Program
The mission of She Can Win is to be an organization that empowers and emboldens Black & Brown women to lead in their community, workspace, home, and personal life. One of the ways we aim to do this is by providing mentorship to women in their desired field choices. Whether it is peer-to-peer mentorship or traditional mentorship, seeing women who look like you in positions of interest to you, can spark the confidence one may need to just get started!
• Connect young women to mentors that are in civic leadership positions across the Commonwealth.
• Facilitate a pipeline of service opportunities and servant leaders.
• Provide young women with real-world experiences.
• Provide mentors the opportunity to connect with young constituents and build an even greater connection to the communities they serve.
• Connected to a mentor in your desired field of study
• Opportunities to attend events with Black and Brown women in leadership throughout the Commonwealth
• Gain firsthand experience(s) in your field
• Opportunity to connect with younger women in a meaningful way
• Give back to the community and make better, authentic connections with the communities you serve
• Format - Hybrid
• Mentee Ages - 18 - 25 (high school freshman to young professionals)
• Program Start - October 27, 2022
• Mentors and Mentees meet once a quarter, through designated She Can Win events. Any additional communication must be confirmed by the Mentor and Mentee.
What Fields will Mentors represent?
• Elected Officials
• Public Service & Leadership
• Healthcare, Arts & Culture
• Government Relations
• Community Organizing
• Arts Advocacy
• Non-Profit Leadership
• Corporate Leadership
• Research & Policy
How will Mentors and mentees be matched?
She Can Win will match mentors and mentees based on field preference, as well as, the mentor's preferred age group. Additionally, matches will be based on the availability of mentors.
What does the program cost?
The She Can Win Program is Free! Transportation to certain experiences and events will not be provided for participants. Lastly, we just ask that all participants commit to the full 10-month program.
Mentee Application: Click Here
Mentor Confirmation: Click Here